Thursday, July 3, 2014

Red almond smoothie


I've been making smoothies for a long time. My husband used to make them as a cold summertime treat but after I fell and broke my teeth four years ago, my blender and I became more intimate.

Now I use my smoothie skills to combat two phenomena: when I'm too lazy to eat  (drinking is easier) and when I can't motivate myself to eat fruit. 

Today's smoothie is based on the success of yesterday, but cooler and more tart.

For one big smoothie:
- about 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 packet vanilla carnation breakfast essentials
- about 1 cup frozen strawberries and cherries
- about 3/4 cup unsweetened organic cranberry juice
- about two tablespoons black chia seeds 
- about 1/2 cup ground raw almonds

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy. Never measure mine. Just dump. Regular yogurt, right, not greek? That would be a lot of greek.

    ReplyDelete