Friday, October 3, 2014

Vega One Chai

So, my free calorie counter app says I should get about 100 grams of protein a day based on my current activity levels. With carbs consuming about 50% of my diet, I only get 50-60 grams on average. Hence the dabbling with protein powders.

Yesterday I tried a whey powder and my daughter and I both liked it. I didn't put in it the blender as we had smoothies for breakfast Wednesday and washing the blender hadn't happened. It all honesty, I had washed certain parts last night and tossed the glass pitcher in the dishwasher. It was lumpy, but not grossly so. I bought vanilla as vanilla is my favorite flavor. 

I am intentionally doing my taste tests without making full on fancy shakes because I want to taste the drink. I used Very Vanilla soy milk yesterday and ran out today. Wegmans didn't have Very Vanilla so I tried the store brand. Day two and I've skewed my results.

Today I'm trying Vega One chai flavor.



First impression: darn, this is green.


Now it's a vegan, soy free product so I don't know what color I expected a plant-based protein to be.

Verdict: less lumpy than the whey. I did not get chai out of the taste. I got green, and I'm okay with green. Not sure it's worth the extra cost unless I were looking for the nutritional benefits. Flavor of the whey was better, but texture was better with vega one.

And I think the soy milk isn't as good as Silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment