Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Teavana delights

So at one point during the holiday season I ended up at the local big mall in search of matcha. I discovered Teavana. We drank our way through the samples and I thought I had found heaven. But, you see, I am fabulously and ridiculously cheap. 

So I left Teavana and their fancy $5 an ounce teas. But they do have matcha.

The salesperson there mentioned to me that Starbucks had purchased Teavana because they wanted to serve the tea in their stores.

Then I got an email that you could now redeem Starbucks Rewards for an ounce of Teavana tea. I'm probably losing some of you here as you think, "how cheap can you be if you go to Starbucks enough to have a rewards card?"

1. My daughter thinks it's cool to pay for her own Starbucks with her card, a card I gave her as a reward for learning her multiplication tables.

2. I work in a Target and we have our own Starbucks. So, I use my Starbucks Rewards in our store.

3. Often, at work, Starbucks gift cards are given to us an prizes. I registered my most recent one as a rewards card since I usually borrow my daughter's (which I have on the app on my phone).

My daughter picked the raspberry balsamic. I wondered how much tea you'd get in one ounce. Each glass is 1.5-2 teaspoons of tea. I made a French press full tonight. Which is three approximately 8 ounce servings. I used three teaspoons, the last one heaping.



I think I have enough left for two more pots.

The tea has an divine aroma, a very fruity and pleasant aftertaste, a truly beautiful color, and a mild yet zingy flavor. In the store, they mix this one with the limeade tea for an iced concoction.


I may need to work my way through the entire store.

No comments:

Post a Comment