Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Protein shakes & PB2

Because I've gone from lightly active (and sometimes sedentary) to active and since I walk a lot at my job, I often have a hard time meeting my protein goals. 

This summer, I experimented with protein powder. Found a vanilla whey powder I like at Target, some vegan green powders at the health food store and also had success with Spirutein. 

We also go through a ridiculous amount of peanut butter in this house. Not that I eat that much of it because the macro balance of fat:protein does not suit my current nutritional needs. But my daughter and husband probably slather peanut butter on something at least twice a week.

I caved and bought PB2. I have no intention of reconstituting it with water and using it as peanut butter. If I want that, I'll have peanut butter.

I'm actually thinking as an add in to banana smoothies, which can already be calorie dense. With plain yogurt & honey. In hot cereal. On a decadent day, in ice cream. In strawberry yogurt, would it make peanut butter and jelly?

Tonight I mixed water, skim milk, Spirutein in the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor and PB2 with chocolate. That was heavenly. And smelled heavenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment